Today I was sitting in my classroom thinking about how just a few days ago I was at Disney. We love to travel to Disney during the Fall, from September to December (right before Christmas). So many people ask me why I go so often during this time, so I though i’d share.
10 Reasons Why it’s best to go to Disney in the Fall
- Weather: I mean unless you like walking around in 90 degree heat all day. Now that I have a little one, I try to avoid Disney as much as possible during the summer months.
- Crowds: Believe it or not the crowds were really good and manageable. We got to do more than we thought and we went on a weekend!
- New Ride Releases: There’s a lot of new things to do and this is only the beginning. Star Wars and The Sky Rider are just a few fun new things to do.
- Epcot International Wine and Food Festival: One of my favorite festivals with food from around the world.
- Holidays (pt.1): You can go from August to October and have fun at the Mickey’s not so Scary Halloween Party which is a blast and a safe alternative to taking kids trick or treating.
- Holidays (pt. 2): If you arrive early November, you can see the Christmas decorations and go to the Very Merry Christmas Party starting Nov. 8.
- Epcot’s Eat the Beat Concert Series: You get to enjoy free concerts (with admission) from different artists during the Wine and Food Festival.
- Free Dining plan: During certain times of the year, if you are a resort guest, you can qualify for a free dining plan which makes your time there more affordable.
- During the Holiday parties there are extended hours (you have to purchase a ticket to the event) but you have smaller crowds and access to the park until 12AM. This is a really great option for people not wanting to go to Disney during the day.
- Holiday Merchandise: This is really a great feature for my fellow Disneyans. During the Fall, you have access to Holiday merchandise either Halloween or Christmas (depending on when you travel in early Fall or late Fall). I like using my Disney holiday keepsakes as house decorations.
A quick shout out to my Dad! Thank you for helping me take such great photos at Disney. You are the best!