if you have been following me on Instagram, then you know that I’ve been at Disney all weekend with my family. Sadly, we are on our way home today. It’s always bitter sweet coming home because Disney is definitely our family’s “happy place”. This time around we spent more time at Epcot and Animal Kingdom instead of going to Magic Kingdom. Tommy loved all the animals and he kept on pointing to them and saying “oooh” and “wowww” (lol). I think those are his new favorite words.
Some questions I get asked are what are some things that you would absolutely need when traveling with a toddler. To tell you the truth it’s definitely more than five things…hahah. However, I narrowed it down to 5 things I definitely wouldn’t be without no matter where I was traveling.
- Toddler Toiletry Bag: This bag is full of medicine, thermometer, Diapers, wipes, Hand Sanitizer etc. Unfortunately, kids can sometimes get sick on the fly just from traveling and it’s good to always have those items on hand. This was really important when we took a cruise over the summer and Tommy suddenly had a fever and cold out of no where. We never travel without it.
- Toddler Blanket: No matter where I go, I always travel with Tommy’s blanket because it helps him to sleep better at night.
- Snack Holder: I prefer the formula containers because it can hold three different snacks in one.
- Lightweight Stroller: This is a must have and I want to say, always get a stroller you are comfortable with. We made a major mistake buying the wrong stroller and I explain all about it in this post. Also, I have a full blog post on strollers here.
- Stroller Fan: I have two of these. They save me during the summer time. Anytime I go to Disney I use this. Remember, babies and toddlers get hot much faster than we do and it’s always best to have a fan on hand. The fan I linked has two modes and bends any direction you want. It also stays perfectly on a stroller. I have used mine almost two years now.